Located in Edward Street, this was where the majority of male migrants started their working lives in Australia. The Federal Government assisted the company in establishing a plant in 1947 and it proved to be an ideal place to send unskilled workers. The first group of displace men from Poland, Hungary and the Baltic nations arrived in 1950 and were followeed in subsequent years by many other migrants from throughout Europe. Skilled German toolmakers arrived in 1953. Many migrants spent their entire working lives a the plant.
This was an area located along the railway siding next to the Emmco Plant. The first postwar migrant men were accommodated in tents. A Commonwealth hostel to accommodate migrant families was established in area just south of the site.